What is Autonomy?
- Autonomy is a free Shropshire based self-help and social group for young people and adults who have Asperger's syndrome (AS), (diagnosed or undiagnosed).
- Autonomy is run by Sara and Eric Heath who have personal experience of Asperger's syndrome
- Opportunities to meet others with Asperger's syndrome
- Telephone advice and support (for people with AS and/or their parents. partners/carers)
- Friendship and understanding
- Social events and activities (see our Social Events page)
- A free bi-monthly newsletter by mail or email
- A range of charged-for Autonomy Plus+ services including consultancy, awareness training, mentoring, help with claiming benefits, pre- and post- diagnostic support and professional help
Autonomy social events are:
- Ten Pin Bowling in Shrewsbury
- Pub socials in Telford and Shrewsbury
- Autonomy Board Games Club
- Autonomy for Women
- Subsidized Spring and Summer outings
- Subsidized Christmas Dinner in Shrewsbury and Telford.
Autonomy can also help with support in understandng Asperger's sydrome for individuala, carers and family members:
- Advocacy, Mentoring and Coaching
- Social Interaction Skills, Advice and Strategies
- Learning about Asperger's syndrome (see Autonomy Plus+)
To join Autonomy phone Sara or Eric on 01743 821363, or email: email@example.com or use our new contact form on the Contact Us page and ask to become a member. We will then put you on our email or postal mailing list for the free Autonomy newsletter, and you will be able to attend our social events.
Please click on the image below to view the Autonomy Groups brochure, or right click and select "Save As" to download: